Monday, May 24, 2010

Paintings of Telugu Artists



Sri Antyakula Paidiraju

I heard a lot about this artist.
I have also been seeing his works often.
He is a very senior artist.
My good friend, Datla Narayanamurthy Raju used to talk about him a lot!
Not much information is available with me to give here about Sri Paidiraju.


Sri Pakala Tirumala Reddy ( P T Reddy)
Like we are more familiar with Cinare rather than Cingireddy Narayana Reddy, the name P T Reddy is more popular tham his full name.
I still remember sitting with him and discussing for long at the inaugural semniar of CCMB.
Pushpa Bhargava, true to his style, arranged a session on arts and culture as a part of the 21 day proceedings.
It is there that I met Vikram Seth, Charles Corrhea, M F Hussain and many more people.

The other day when passing on the YMCA road, I saw the hand made railings of the Gallery of Sri Reddy.
Then I thounght I should make this post.

Sri Kapu Rajaiah
Undoubtedly my favourite artist.
This is not the first time I am adding his picture.
Neither it is the last.

Sri Seela Veerraju
A visit is due to their place.
It is not happening for reasons beyond my control.
Veerraju garu is a friend!

(click on the images to see them bigger)


Let us enjoy good works of art!!
#######

No comments: