Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sudhama - Poem

I ventured to translate the poem by Sri Sudhama.
I remembered the words of Friends Sri Siva Reddy who said there are no bad translations and good ones.
This is what I understood and retold in another language!

It is for the world to like it or not!

Frankly I don't like what I do!
Everything can be improved.
That is why I keep my first draft as the final one.

Most of the time, I don't even read it again!
Arrogance?
Could be!!

Now for the Poem!



వచ్చిన చిక్కే అది
ఎంత అస్పష్టమవుదామని వున్నా
డాబాపై ఆరబోసిన
మాగాయ ముక్కలను
కాకి ముక్కున కరుచుకు
ఎగిరిపోయేటంత సులభంగా
పహరా కూడా లేదు కదా
నా తీరే అంత

వొలిచేసిన ఉల్లి పొరల్లా
తీసేసిన గింజ పొట్టులా
అంతా పరుచుకున్నదే

స్వప్నఖచిత సింహాసనాలేమీ లేవు
అధికారాలూ లేవు
అభిశంసనలూ లేవు
దుర్వినియోగం చేసేందుకు
దుఃఖపడనా
ఒక గాలి తరగ తాకితే చాలు
ఉఫ్ అని ఎగిరిపోయేటందుకు

నిజమేగా
ఎవరైనా ఎందుకు అనుసరిస్తారు
ఒక తపన కావాలి
ఒక అన్వేషణ కావాలి
తెలుసుకోవాలనే ఒక ఆతృత పంచాలి
కామోసు కామోసు

ఏమీ లేదే నా దగ్గర
గుప్పిట మూసిన రహస్యం ఒకటి పట్టుకుని
చుట్టూ తిప్పించుకుందామంటే
ఎందుకింత బహిరంగం


నాకు నేను రహస్యం ఎలాగూ అయినప్పుడు
నాకు తెలిసినమేరకు
ఎదుటివారికి అర్థం కావాలనే 
ఇంత వెసులుబాటునిచ్చి
వెర్రి వెధవనవుతున్నాని తెలుసు
అయితేనేం
మార్మికత కృత్రిమత కదా

పోనీలే
లోకం ఒక పసిపాప
పరీక్షలు నేను రాస్తాను గానీ
దానికెందుకు పెట్టడం
కాపీ కొడుతూ పట్టుబడే
కాఠిన్యం వద్దు

ఇంక ముగించు
సంపూర్ణంలో
వెల్లకితలా పడిన చివరి శరీరమే
రహస్యం ఎక్కడ
అసలు నిజం తెలిసాక
అంతా విడిన రహస్యమే
కాడికి ఎందుకింత పజిలింగ్ పజిల్
అడ్డం నిలువు గళ్ళ ఆధారాలతో
ఒక పదబంధ ప్రహేళీక మాత్రమే
కనుక్కో
కనుక్కుని ఆనందించు

ఇంతకీ రహస్యం కాదు ముందున్నది
ఒక ప్రహేళిక
ఒక క్రీడ
వచ్చిన చిక్కు విప్పిన చిక్కే ఇది
సమాధానం తెలిసేంత వరకూ మాత్రమే
మాగాయి మా కాయం 
కాకి పరమాత్మం
పొరలపొరల పొడలపొడల జీవితం
మలిగిన దీపంలో వెలుగు తెలిసాక 
వెలగడం లో 
అంతా వెసులుబాటే!


That is all the trouble about
However much I feel should be ambiguous,
Like the pickled mango pieces
Spread on the roof top
Lifted by the beak
Of the crow easily
No vigil at all
That is my style

Like the peels of the onion,
Husk of the seed,
It is all spread out

There are no thrones hewn with dreams
No powers either
Not even impeachments
To be misused
Do I feel sorry
The touch of a whiff is enough
To fly away

Really, after all
Why anyone imitates
Anguish is needed
A search is needed
Should dispense a greed of knowing
Perhaps perhaps

I do not have anything after all
With a fist enclosing a secret
To make all of them go around
Why so much of openness

when I am a secret unto me
As far I know
That I may mean to the others
Giving that ease
I know I am becoming a fool
So what
Being mysterious is artificial, isn’t it

Let it go
This world is a child
I shall face the tests
Why hold it to them
Being caught while copying
Don’t need that rudeness

Let it be over
In the entirety
The body lying supine
Where is the secret
After knowing the real truth
All else is secret unravelled
Why then so much of puzzling puzzle
With help of the grid across and down
It is just a cross word puzzle
Find out
Be happy finding out

What lies before is after all not a secret
It is a puzzle
A play
It is the puzzle solved by the puzzle
Till the answer is known
Mango is our body
The crow is the Paramatmam
Life with all the peels and shades
After we know the light of the lamp that went out
In shining
It is all ease all the way


Sudhama Garu,
Did I get you right?
^&*^&*^&*

No comments: